Hyderabad, May 30 : Two workers, who were hired for cleaning a manhole near the Uppal stadium, died due to asphyxiation on Wednesday.
According to police, the victims Santosh and Vijay, both in their late twenties belong to Odisha, got down into the manhole for cleaning it, but after some time, they died of asphyxiation. It was suspected that while cleaning the manhole, they might have inhaled poisonous gases from inside the manhole and died. The police removed the bodies from the manhole and sent them to government general hospital for post mortem.
Reacting on the incident, Hyderabad Metro Water Works managing director M Dana Kishore ordered an inquiry into the incident and appointed Water Works Board technical director Sathyanarayana as inquiry officer. Dana Kishore also announced that they will extend Rs 10 lakh ex gratia each to the families of bereaved workers